carry-overs from years past:
1. curtains. real curtains. really on my windows. i can do this.
2. read at least 3 non-fiction books. started my first one last night.
read one so far. currently in the middle of The Kite Runner, which is
3. have pretty flowerbeds. a little tree removal, a little mulching, and then (hopefully) planting a lot of flowers.
4. budget. and then stick to it.
5. ride my bike. i don't think it got out of the shed at all last year.
6. read through my Bible. or maybe listen through it?
7. close my other bank account. this is just pathetic.
8. big book of everything. i have lost one too many passwords. time to get organized.
i am beginning to think none of these things are EVER going to happen. they have just been sitting on lists, patiently waiting for YEARS for me to care enough to actually carry through with them. maybe i'll get around to at least some of them sometime in the next 6 months or so.
new for this year:
DONE. PASSED! HAVE THE LICENSE TO PROVE IT.
10. overcome my fear of the lawnmower. we got a riding lawn tractor. i want to be able to use it.
part way there. helped mow the grass over the weekend. which means
Mark left me a big solid square in the backyard for me to practice on.
next step: practicing all the hard parts like not hitting trees or the deck
or the well.
bought the shoes...
12. sew a cushion for the entryway bench. top of the sewing list.
currently sitting 3/4 of the way done in the basement. and then it just
got too nice outside to spend all of my project time inside with my
13. get the air ducts cleaned. this should just take a phone call.
UGH. stupid air duct guy never showed up for our appointment.
14. yoga. just because.
bought a new yoga DVD. did it once so far.
15. start the kitchen renovation. it's the next major project on the major project list. kind of a long shot, but we'll see.
have a meeting with the cabinet guy in a few weeks to hopefully
nail down a layout!
well. i was fully expecting that to be much worse. but i guess i did spend 4 out of the past 6 months working almost exclusively on number 9, so if you think about it that way its kind of impressive that i've managed to successfully start so many things in just two months... yeah, i'mma go ahead and think about it that way. i'm awesome.