Sunday, August 17, 2008

home, love, family.

i have been doing a lot of moving lately.
a couple of weeks ago an entire summers worth of packing finally loaded itself into a truck and headed across the country to Wyoming. (ok so maybe it had a lot of help getting from the house into the truck...)
around that same time, all the essentials of my college life loaded themselves into my car and moved into a friend's house a couple streets away. it took a couple trips because Gretchen and her petite figure were unable to handle the exhorbitant amount of junk that i have accumulated in 21 years, but it all made it and found its way into my new room in my home away from home.
with the help of a friend with a truck a few weeks later my stuff moved once again. to college this time. for the last time. its weird to think about being a senior, to never again have to struggle up the steps on move in day, to only have to pay my bill one more time :) no doubt i will blog more about these thoughts that flirt dangerously with the fine line between exciting and absolutely terrifying.
people at school ask me where i'm from. i don't really know what to tell them. i've spent the majority of my recent life in Mars, but thats not where my family is. was Pumbaa right in saying that home is where your rump rests? i dont consider Geneva to be my home, but that's where i currently reside. its never been a hard question before now. all of a sudden introductions require a lot more thought. and people don't quite know how to react when i pull a piece of paper out of my pocket to copy my home address and phone number onto registration forms.

is it possible to miss a place that you've never been?

before you all jump right in your cars to come and rescue me from my misery, i just want to reassure you that i really am having a great time, meeting new people and hangin out with old friends, and gearing up to have some serious fun with my senior year :) but visitors and mail are ALWAYS welcome ...

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

I love you and if it helps, i don't know where i'm from either. I say near Pittsburgh even though i moved to Slovakia, switched my permanent address to Ohio and my parents moved to Wyoming.
lets get together and commiserate sometime at the end of October