Wednesday, November 4, 2009

not so easy.

ok so i'm not gonna lie - i thought it would be fairly simple to get to 100 things that i'm thankful for in a month. thats only 10 posts of 10 things. i've posted more than that in a month. no biggie. right? wrong.
these past two days i've been finding it way easier to find things that i'm NOT thankful for (like backed up traffic, people who can't merge, frost on my car in the morning, being alone every night with no one to talk to, the world series bumping my wednesday night show for two weeks, forgetting my earrings, phone AND vitamin today...shall i continue? ) than it is to find things i am thankful for. a couple of times, i was able to look past my initial annoyance and see something good (backed up traffic led to me being thankful for well marked detours) but for the life of me i cant come up with anything good about people who come to a COMPLETE STOP on the on-ramp.
this is the best i can do today.

21. my Dad - who has loved me through everything and continues to do so.
22. my Mom - who managed to be a mom who commanded my respect when i was little but also turned into a friend as i grew up.
23. my Sister - who calls me pretty much every day to make sure I haven't choked and died.
24. having family on the West coast to call and cry to when its too late to call anyone on the East coast.
25. defrosters.
26. free coffee.
27. Robin and Dawn (my buns and abs of steel ladies)
28. leftover spaghetti.
29. treadmills.
30. Eye of the Tiger on my iPod.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting...Robin and Dawn also made my 'Things I Am Thankful For' list, except they were much, much higher than #27.

Amanda said...

just as clarification: the order of the list is random - it has no relation to the importance of the people or things on the list, nor is it indicative of my degree of thankfulness.

Miss Brenda said...

EXCELLENT CLARIFICATION

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I figured as much. I'm sure Mom, Dad, and leftover spaghetti were all quite relieved to hear the news.

Abi said...

Don't get stuck, press on fair child, press on