Friday, November 22, 2013

a spin on unthankful.

i feel like every year i hit a point in the month of November that i start having trouble being thankful. I try to be constantly thinking about what i should be thankful for (because i know there is so much!) but it is always so much easier to find things to complain about. take this morning for example - the first thoughts i had were about things i am definitely NOT thankful for:
cavities.
early mornings.
cold rain.
my inability to make simple decisions.

but since this is the month of thankfulness, i didn't let myself stop there and let my mood ruin my whole day. it took a concentrated effort, and it took me just a little bit longer, but eventually my brain was able to put a positive spin on most of those un-thankfuls and turn them into the
things i am thankful for:
51. my dentist.
52. my toothbrush.
53. floss.
54. floss threaders.
55. new mouthwash.
56. insurance.
57. snooze buttons.
58. breakfast club.
59. windshield wipers.
60. Fridays.

“We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.”    - Harry A. Ironside


1 comment:

Brenda's Man said...

Have I told you lately that I'm very proud of you? Love you lots honey.