Sunday, March 30, 2008

my phone

things i did with my phone this weekend: threw it away.

some people just lose their phones, or maybe even get really mad and smash it against a wall, or i have even seen phones ripped in half and thrown across a field. All of these things seem pretty silly, but i think i might be the first person i know of to have thrown away their phone. i wasnt even mad at it or anything. its been treating me pretty well lately (except for that big texting bill last month... oops) and how do i repay it? i leave it on my tray at lunch and send it back the conveyor belt to the dish room. and then i dont even realize its missing until dinner time, at which point i am already heading out the door for dinner with friends at not the dining hall. my poor phone spent an entire day in the dining hall... i can just imagine it sitting there, all lonely and forlorn, wondering when or if i would ever realize it was missing and come pick it up...

...and suddenly i have a much greater appreciation for my phone and its feelings...

3 comments:

Abi said...

I'm holding on tightly to my phone. Havener Girl phones are going fast...

Anastasia said...

:) i found my first phone.
Also, one time i threw he house phone into the trash with the District Superintendent on it.

Anastasia said...

Also, you have my jean jacket, you punk, and i want it back.
love ya