Friday, April 17, 2009

the alarm can ring... the birds can peep.

my alarm went off at 7:00am. i moaned a little and hit the snooze button.
my alarm went off at 7:09am. i glared, told it no and hit the snooze button.
my alarm went off at 7:18am. the words probably came out of my mouth: "my bed is warm, my pillow's deep, today's the day i'm going to sleep." and then i hit the snooze button.
my alarm went off at 7:27am. i thought about calling Melissa to get her to take good notes for me in class. i decided i was too lazy to find my phone, so i just hit the snooze button.
my alarm went off at 7:36am. i realized that i should get up and go to class since it was my only one of the day after all. i rolled out of bed, threw on some clothes, pulled my hair into a ponytail and even put on a little makeup.
my alarm went off at 7:45am. i ran back into the bedroom to actually turn the alarm off (guess i got a little too good at the snooze button) and went to class.

i got to the building, and the door was locked.
i went to the back door, and it was locked too.
Dr Austin let me into the side door, which was also locked.
I knew i shouldn't have even bothered getting up for class - not even the building wanted me to get to class this morning.

but the sun is shining, and it is the weekend. i'm glad i got up today :)

3 comments:

Abi said...

A cat impersonating my child woke me this morning at 6am. I jumped out of bed, barged into her room only to find her asleep. As I climbed back in bed my husband says 'I wish that cat would shut up' I replied 'you knew it was a cat?' 'yes' 'why on earth did you let me jump out of bed then?' to which he replied 'I, well I was asleep'. I am also glad I got out of bed today. :)
Glad to hear your day was good too.

Miss Brenda said...

I set two alarms this am. One for 4:45 and one for 5:00. I only snoozed once till 4:53. Alex and I were both out the door before 5:45. All in all, a good day.

Anonymous said...

S&E can be a little bit of a bully, you know?

good thing hot rod's got our back!

p.s. i laughed a little bit at each successive implementation of
{
int t;
t == t + 9;
// thanks for qualifying that
// all times were "am"
}