Thursday, September 4, 2008

perspective.

i am very small.

the world is very big.

beyond that, the galaxy is huge... and the universe? well it just boggles my mind.

millions of light years of known universe. trillions of miles in a light year. that makes millions of trillions of miles of space that is full of stars and galaxies and planets and amazingness... and thats just the part we know. we're constantly finding more... there's who knows how much more out there...

that means that my God, the creator of it all, is absolutely ginormous.

but get this - He knows my name. He loves me SO much that this great big God became really really little like me (ok maybe a foot or so taller) and He put up with the same issues that i do, and He really does care about the things that bother me. and even the littlest of things that bug me. He really cares when He listens, He knows my struggles, and He is willing to wrap His great big arms around me to pick me up and comfort me when my little world that i live in becomes overwhelming.

it is amazing to me that in a whole great big universe full of constellations and supernovas and other way cool stuff that seems to just say "hey cool, look what i can do"... God made me. He has a plan for me. that somehow my existance on this ittybitty planet we call home will be more than just a miniscule blip or a quickly passing vapor... that my life would make a difference. to someone. somewhere. somehow.


How can I keep from singing praises to the God who has picked me up time and time again, and whose astronomical grace is seen everywhere, in my life and even at the center of galaxies that are millions of trillions of miles away...

1 comment:

Ben said...

Hey! So you were comparing your height with Jesus', and I thought you'd be interested to know that scholars think that the Apostle Paul was 5' 0", and that Napoleon was 5' 2" - so you're in good company. :)