Tuesday, October 7, 2008

3 days and counting...

Fall Break is coming and i could not be more excited or more ready to have a few days in a row in which i dont have to worry about the chemical componants of my water or the microconstituents of 1% carbon steel or the best way to model a water system for a small subdivision in Chicago.
for a while i wasnt sure what this break would mean for me - with my family all over the place i didnt know if i would get a chance to see any of them. i had a lot of offers of places to go, and i even contemplated going on a backpacking and rock climbing trip in WV. (i think i was getting a lil jealous of all my mom's great wilderness adventures)
but good news! since stasi and micah are home from Slovakia for a while, and my Dad had a wedding to do back home home, AND i have a car(!) i now have a great plan for break: after dad's plane gets in on thurs, i'm meeting him and stasi and micah for dinner, and then stasi is spending the night at school and after my class on friday morning we're loadin up with Gretchen and heading to NY for the weekend to see Abi Jimmy and (most importantly) Claire!!! it may seem a lil convoluted, but i honestly couldnt think of anything that i'd rather spend my break doing :)

although i must admit, i look right at home on that rock climbing wall...

No comments: