Sunday, October 5, 2008

blast from the past.

or: Everything I Needed to Know i Learned in Elementary School

i finally got my ears pierced about a year ago. (i started putting pierced ears on my Christmas list in fourth grade) i have spent this past year slowly and methodically increasing the amount of earrings in my collection, keeping them in a little box labeled "Fine Jewelery." a couple days ago i knocked this box off the edge of my dresser, sending earrings flying all over the place, flying out of my closet and scattering as far as the living room. unfortunately, since my closet does not have a door on it, there is a completely useless track across the front of it where the door should go, which was an extremely convenient place for my earrings to fall.
the situation seemed hopeless, until i remembered the good old days where my biggest worry was which game i was going to play with my friends after school. fortunately for me, on the list of favorites (along with 'dont break the ice' and 'cooties') was Operation.















i always knew there was a reason to try so hard to get that horribly impossible Writers Cramp... who would have guessed that my mad Operation skillz would have ever come in so darn handy?

ps. was there a theme song for operation? cuz the only one thats in my head is "POP goes Perfection!"

1 comment:

Abi said...

While googleing 'mattel operation" I found that it is in fact vintage and antique in it's original form.
The theme is great though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHntDDOQzk8
Glad to see the grade school wasn't a total bust.