Friday, July 24, 2009

i need to vent.

**DISCLAIMER** i have to preface this post by saying that i love my grandparents very much and i really appreciate them letting me live in their house for the past 6 weeks.

Top Ten Things my Grandma has said to/about me:

1. "I just dont understand how you can wear THAT many clothes!"

2. "...and i dont know what she needs so many goddam shoes for..." "she just has a god-awful amount of shoes!" "she has a GIANT tub of SHOES!" (i dont even)

3. Uncle M: "are you still living out of your car? wont gram let you move anything in?"
Gram: "she has enough stuff up in that room already." (three duffel bags of clothes, a backpack, a computer bag, and of course ALL my shoes.)

4. "i know your mother made you kids do your own laundry. i never made my kids do that."

5. "i know i dont get upstairs very often, but could you keep your room a little neater? ...i know thats how you keep your room at your house - but this is not your house." (i dont know what she was talking about... the piles of clothes are clean. and check out how much of the carpet you can see!)

6. "why do you wear your pants so long? theyre such a mess at the bottom. you are a professional now. let me hem your jeans." (my WORK jeans that i've been wearing for the past two years on the road crew)

7. "every time i see you you're wearing a different shirt!" (i was wearing the same t-shirt that i had been wearing to work all week)

8. "i raised seven kids in this house and i NEVER... (insert whatever i (or anyone else for that matter) am doing)"

9. "if i can find a place to put those hats, you can have those two little drawers in that dresser thing in your room." (emphasis on the word little. she had ten hats, she's one crazy mother... six in one drawer and four in the other!)

10. "you are just so independent - but i guess you HAVE to be since your mom and dad moved way out there." (i love you mom and dad. get my room ready cuz im sure if gram hears about this post she'll kick me out)

PS: Aunt Danielle if you could NOT mention this blogpost to Gram i'd really appreciate it cuz she might really kick me out...

2 comments:

Minnie said...

Funny you didn't mention anything to the other Aunts that read your blog.... don't worry your secret blog is safe with me (I have my fair share of secrets I don't want Gram to know)

Miss Brenda said...

You can have a whole chapter in the book if you want it. And could you write a few more verses for the Aggelina Magdelina song? Love you.