Wednesday, July 22, 2009

opinions please.

so my best friend Julie told me a story the other day about a lady she works with. apparantly this lady and her best friend, to celebrate turning 40, went out and got matching tattoos so that the nice guys that come to take them away will know not to separate them in the nursing home. Julie thought that sounded like a great idea, but why wait til we're 40? 22 seems like as good a time as any to get matching tattoos with your best friend. so we decided that to celebrate when we both get jobs with benefits and whatnot, we will get our matching tattoos.
we're thinking that our ankles or feet are our best bet for a lasting tattoo that wont stretch out funny over time. so since Julie signed a contract yesterday with a school in Maryland, i figured that i should start planning so we have time to really get attached to a design before it gets attached to us. ive been workin on this all afternoon. heres what ive got:

the first one is my favorite. it says "changed for good" in cursive in between two aquamarine stars for our birthstones. and cuz the star is apparantly a symbol of protection against evil, femininity, and mathematical perfection :)
the other star designs are pretty self explanatory, just variations on a theme.
the loopy one is some sort of symbol of friendship. i drew it upside down on my own ankle. it would look way cooler in real life.



any opinions that you may have will be greatly appreciated and taken into consideration. the amount of time that we have to decide on a design is kind of up in the air, since i dont have a job yet. (keep praying about that too.) but if you could let me know sooner than later, then i can start trying to wash off the ones we dont want :)

7 comments:

Abi said...

Option two is my vote, simple, meaningful, perfect. I vote the simple stars. :)

nancyann said...

Your big toe reminds me of your mother's, before she ran over it with the lawn mower.

Sarah Elizabeth said...

I like the frist one best. :)

Miss Brenda said...

Try to choose the foot that you will run over with the lawn mower when you are 35.

Anonymous said...

My vote is for option (17-5)/(6*2)

It seems fitting.

Amanda said...

rob you make me smile :)

Minnie said...

I like the 1st one and just know that it hurts like hell when you are getting it done on the foot