Sunday, July 5, 2009

otra dia, otra adventura.

Thursday: i did not have a good day. i missed my family and i was depressed about perpetually job searching and never finding and i spent my evening crying on the phone to anyone who would listen to me whine.
Friday: i locked my keys in my car at a gas station just outside of Indiana. both sets of them. and my phone. and the g-rents had already left for Clearfield for the evening. many thanks to Gas Station Lady for keeping me company, letting me borrow her screwdriver, and tear apart her flyswatter. also thanks to Guy Volunteered by His Mother and Cute Boy in the MonteCarlo for their valiant efforts. my favorite people of the day though had to be Man in a Truck and His Wife for driving home to get the proper tools for unlocking my car and actually coming back to save the day. i only spent an hour stranded at the gas station in the middle of nowhere, and i didnt even cry :)
Saturday: Day-Oh-Fun in F-town (aka Franklin). (There would be pictures, but my camera battery died early in the day). Gretchen got a bath, Timmy came to play, we played in the woods, made popcorn strings to decorate the outside shrubbery for Christmas in July (complete with lights, santa hats, festive earrings, and a gift exchange), baked cookies, grilled hotdogs and corn on the cob, watched fireworks in the park, learned how to build a fire, and ate s'mores. in an attempt to forcefully include Timmy in a Christmas picture, i stepped on a brick and sliced my foot open, a wound which bled through two bandaids and onto one pair of socks. and i didnt even cry :)
Sunday: i cleaned out my center console. i think the rootbeer that was in there was leftover from fall break of last year... but i figured since Gretchen had gotten her first bath in almost a year, her interior could use a little love as well. she is now completely trash free! (well, depending on how you choose to classify some of the junk still packed in there)
Monday: i went for a bike ride. as i was turning around at the half-way mark, i had one of those slow motion moments when you know you are not going to make the turn but you keep turning anyway and end up in the ditch. i have a nice bruise forming on my right shin. and i didnt even cry :)
I cant wait to see what the rest of the week has in store for me :)

2 comments:

Miss Brenda said...

Otra dia, otra adventura maybe out theme for the month, eh? Meet me in NYC!

Abi said...

Wow! and I thought my week was bad. Yours included far more injury. Good for you for not crying.