Monday, February 15, 2010

check your wallet.

when i came into work this morning, the little red light on my phone was lit up, which means that somebody called me over the weekend. this never happens to me. not only does no one really have any need to call me at work, but no one even knows my work phone number (myself included). i mean, i've had a few wrong numbers, and someone last week from a doctors office was trying to remind someone who wasn't me about something important, but this was the first time i had a voicemail. so after i read through the little 'quick reference' guide about my phone to figure out how to check my voicemail, i pushed the right button, entered my extension and even managed to remember my password (it helps that i use the same trick that my Dad uses and just have the same 4-digit code for pretty much everything) (my code isn't the same as his) and i listened to the message from Friday evening. it went something like this: 

"Hi, this is Shur-Fine. We have your wallet here and you can pick it up anytime."

my brief moment of almost-panic was quickly dispelled by glancing into my purse and seeing my wallet was in fact there. (not to mention the fact that i had it last night when i got gas and i havent been in a shur-fine anytime recently that i can remember) this discovery brought about more questions than answers: could your message be any less informative? who are you trying to reach? where are you located? is there a number i can reach you at? are you sure you meant to call this number? where did you get this number? is there even a shur-fine anywhere near here? why would you give your business such an apathetic sounding name? (it sounds like their spokesperson should be a 14-yr old boy and their tag-line should be 'whatever')
i guess the bottom line here is i still have my wallet. but there is someone out there who does not. if that someone is you: check your local shur-fine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shur-Fine is only about two miles south on Queen Street (PA 74)...but that's so weird that they called YOUR number...

My best guess? An old person kept a little slip of paper in their wallet with their phone number on it, and their shaky, old person handwriting was a little too tough to decipher.

Miss Brenda said...

You make me laugh.
My best guess? You are in a time warp and you lost your wallet next weekend at the Shur-Fine. And then you timewarped back. So just stay out of the Shur-Fine next week and you should sure be fine.

Miss Brenda said...

OR...You could always go to Shur-Fine, tell them you got their message and that you've come to pick up your wallet. Then you can find out who carries your number around in their wallet.