Sunday, October 10, 2010

with this ring.

a week ago today, i got married. i walked down the aisle on the arm of my Daddy to where the man i love waited for me at the other end. i somehow made it through my vows, even though i could hardly read them through the tears. i put one more ring on my left hand. i danced the night away with the people i love most. if i had a chance to do it all over again, i wouldnt, because it was perfect just the way it was.


i spent a beautiful, relaxing week in Chincoteague Virginia. i biked 20 miles in one day. i ate way more good food than one day of biking could make up for. i flew a kite on the beach on a VERY windy day. i saw the wild ponies run along the shoreline. i spent an entire afternoon just reading a halfway decent book. just because i could. i took pictures of the dolphins swimming right by the boat we spent an evening cruising on. i watched the sun set over the ocean. i killed my camera battery. twice. i filled my memory card and i still feel like so many moments slipped by undocumented.
i woke up every morning this week to "Hello, Wife." that one is still pretty weird. i have a husband. i'm going to change my name. its not all about me anymore. (just mostly) 
We decided that we are good at vacationing. we also decided that this whole living real life thing is gonna take some practice. There is a lot of stuff to do. a lot of life to live. and a lot of learning to be done. but we're in it for the long haul.
"Always and forever, no doubt whatsoever."

No comments: