Friday, May 13, 2011

plenty of polyester with a 70's disco flair.

**I had this great entry written that i was going to post last night, as soon as i got the picture i needed. it flowed well, it was witty, and i was kind of proud of it. and then blogger crashed and ate it, along with all the great comments you guys left on my last post. so this is my best attempt to recreate it.**

the other day after work, i decided that i wanted to go to Goodwill. so i called up my friend (did you catch that? i have a friend in Maryland!) and we decided to meet up to hang out and do some discount shopping. i was in search of something to wear to a Renaissance-themed wedding next weekend. she was in search of a reason to not go running. we were not disappointed.

i think i managed to pull together some pretty good outfits for the wedding. hopefully we'll fit the theme and still look like we're dressed up for a wedding instead of like we're just dressed up for Halloween. i promise to post pictures of us all dolled up.

what i was not in search of was an item that could bring back happy memories of countless events in my growing up years while simultaneously have me imagining the same number of future events and memories to be made. and yet, thats exactly what i found.


anyone up for a picnic? cuz i have the perfect blanket!

4 comments:

Abi said...

I have never been so happy to see polyester! Wow. I tell you what sir. Wow. :)

Miss Brenda said...

And i am torn between being so excited for your future possibilities and my own sorrow and loss. Mostly I am excited, but you may want to watch your picnic blanket when I am around...

nancyann said...

Grandma and Shirley Brodish would sit on Grandma's porch swing and cut squares from their clothes; probably while still wearing them!

Miss Brenda said...

I think Shirley had an outfit made out of that purple fabric.