Sunday, February 15, 2009

update on the boy(friend!).

Valentines Day 2009 was a whole weekend of celebration. this is a big deal cuz if you read my blog on a regular basis you probably know me pretty well and its no secret that valentine's day isnt exactly my favorite holiday. in my opinion its nothing more than a hallmark holiday invented to make boys buy more presents for girls and make money for cheesy card companies. in the past i have protested by wearing black and being an obnoxiously anti-valentine advocate for single's awareness day. believe it or not ive toned down a lot since then.
the party started on Friday with 114 roommate date night at Applebee's. good dinner and pretty colored drinks in fun glasses :) so on Saturday we decided it would be too much hassle to actually go out and rub elbows with all the cheesy vomit-inducing lovey dovey couples (and none of us felt like it two days in a row) so we just had dinner in. Mark came and joined us and we made lasagna and corn and applesauce and (nonalcoholic) frozen strawberry margaritas, and then we watched singin in the rain. a good time was had by all.
after the movie, Mark and i sat around talking, and he gave me my surprise present (which was a page-long poem that made me smile) and then he asked me (again) if i knew where we stood. so instead of saying something remotely sabatoging this time like "i dont know" i decided to answer his question with a question so i asked him what he would like us to be and he said that he would like to call me his girlfriend and i told him that i would like that :)
it made me even more happy that all of this happened after midnight so technically it wasnt valentines day anymore :) i guess a little bit of the rebel in me lives on lol.

1 comment:

Abi said...

Lasagna... good choice.