Monday, October 26, 2009

sprouted.

i am growing strawberries. or at least i am attempting to. there are those that tell me its too late in the season to actually grow them. i of course am choosing to ignore them and press on in my own little world. they live in a cute little pot on my windowsill. i water them every day to keep the soil moist cuz thats what the distructions told me to do. i took this picture on the first day that a tiny little spot of green pushed its way up out of the dirt. (its kind of hard to spot, but trust me its there)
over the weekend, another sprout came up to keep the first company. it makes me feel a little more accomplished and domestic, especially on the days when i can only muster up enough energy to put a couple frozen waffles in my toaster and call it dinner.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you at least have syrup on your waffles? Because, if not, I'd hardly call that 'dinner'...

Anastasia said...

punk, my strawberries never made it even that far :( So i just transplanted some wild ones into my garden. Now everyone here thinks i'm obsesed with strawberries! oh well

Amanda said...

well there are wierder things that they could think you were obsessed with given the language barrier who knows what translates lol... and yes, i did have butter AND syrup on my waffles. and they were delicious :)

Abi said...

you inspire me to have waffles, mine will have blueberries not strawberries, as I am not growing strawberries, the only havener hold out.

Miss Brenda said...

I tried to comment to tell you that you can buy strawberries at the grocery store, but I couldn't remember my password. Not enough blogging, I guess. Anyway, it is always a good time to plant and grow things.