Wednesday, December 5, 2012

oh deer.

i am not a hunter. never have been, probably never will be. i can shoot a gun, but only at stationary targets. my activities on the first day of deer season are much more likely to include tshirt decorating, movies, and cupcakes, rather than sitting in the cold woods. 

like my mom, i think that if hunting were more like catch-and-release fishing, i might be more into it. i would enjoy the hunt, get a thrill from lining up my shot and pulling the trigger, and be excited if i hit what i was aiming for... but at the end of the day, i just wouldnt want to have a dead animal to deal with.

i think the deer in my neighborhood might have figured this out. here are five of them that greeted me at my front door yesterday morning, and then hung around in the back yard long enough for me to get their picture:


since i dont have anything really alive in any of my flowerbeds, you're nice and safe in my yard for now little deers... until catch-and-release hunting becomes a legit thing. then you better watch out.

No comments: