Wednesday, September 2, 2009

overwhelming.

it has been two weeks. Mark has come to Wyoming, seen the sights, and made it safely back to the East Coast. we accomplished almost everything on his list of things to do while on his great Wyoming adventure, and even added a few things to the list just to cross them off :) i have an overwhelming amount of pictures, and i dont even know that any of them do any justice to the amazingness of our time out west. as one of my favorite dinosaurs once said, "it's been a memorable two weeks indeed!"

now that Mark is gone i have to start thinking about some really important things: like how i am going to move BACK across the country, if i am really taking ALL of my stuff with me, where i will live when i get there, how to open a new bank account, when i will be able to afford my kayak, and where will i fly fish out east? if i let my brain get the best of me, i feel like curling up in a ball and having myself a good cry.

the encouraging thing is to know that no matter how overwhelmed i might feel, my God is always at least one step ahead of me, preparing the way and making sure that my head always stays above the water. i thought that i would never get a job: i had three companies call me within an hour. i thought that it would be impossible to decide between WY and PA: WY didnt have a position for me. now, i have a job doing exactly what i want to do, close to family and friends. if God can work all that out, why would i not trust Him completely with the details of this move?

the truly overwhelming thing in my life is the amount of love all around me, coming at me from all angles. I am loved by my God, my parents and family, Mark, my friends, and my church family. always and forever, they stand by me, pray for me, and just love me regardless of the circumstances and it blows me away. being overwhelmed never felt so great :)

4 comments:

Abi said...

Let me know if there is anything we can do on this coast to make your life easier... besides pray

Anonymous said...

you know where to come with any questions about york, right?

you'll do exceptionally well with the many transitions you're going through, i just know it. you always have, and you always will.

Brenda's Man said...

Who knew a simple three step goal would be so difficult?
Responsible young adult - check
Loves the Lord - check
Moves out of my house - OK that is difficult!

Abi said...

So there has been a lot of action over at Miss Brenda's Blog about how much she loves you and will miss you and all the fun stuff you are doing together, yet you are pretty quiet?