Tuesday, May 7, 2013

meal plan tuesday: may 7.

yesterday was a mess. i could go on for several paragraphs about all the frustrating, annoying, not-really-all-that-terrible-but-in-the-moment-were-the-worst-thing-EVER things that i was dealing with and muddling through and crying about, but at the end of the day that's not what i want to remember about yesterday.

instead, i want to remember that when i got home from work Mark was weeding the flowerbeds. and when he saw how upset i was he wiped my tears, made me giggle, and carried in the groceries. he worked outside until dark to make me a new flowerbed. he appreciated the dinner i made. he sat with me at the table and chatted over a glass of wine. he got me a bowl of ice cream and let me fall asleep early on the couch while he watched a replay of an O's game from last year. this morning he claimed he even carried me to bed and tucked me in, but i have a feeling he was stretching the truth a little on that one... (he told me he was just kidding, but that he would have if i needed him to)

super duper cheese alert: its nice to know that even crappy days can have happy endings.

in the midst of the mess, i somehow managed to survive the grocery store yesterday. i didnt have a plan or a list, but i bought some stuff, so here's my best guess as to how we're going to survive until next week:

Monday: chicken parmesan with angel hair pasta.
Tuesday: soup from a can.
Wednesday: but seriously, meatballs. (recipe)
Thursday: quesadillas with rice, beans, and avocado.
Friday: baked fish with vegetables.
Saturday: frozen raviolis with jar sauce.
Sunday: Mother's Day at our house. (still need to plan this)

No comments: