Thursday, July 26, 2012

i've got the blues.

i case you havent been to my house in a while, this is what my front door looks like. well, actually this picture is a few weeks old so use your imagination to add some peachy-orange impatiens in the two white pots and then thats what my front door really looks like right this second.


kind of blah, huh? and you cant even see the chipped paint or just how nasty those rusty brass fixtures really are. not exactly the greatest first impression. so i want to paint my front door. i want to paint it blue. and i want to paint it on Saturday.

my problem is, i dont know what color blue i want to paint it. and i am impatient, so there is no time for long involved processes like getting swatches, taping them to the door, and looking at them several times a day in different lighting to see which one i like the best before i buy the paint. not gonna happen. basically, my plan is to wake up on Saturday, go to the Depot, and buy a quart of blue paint in whatever shade looks best under the flourescent store lighting. seems pretty foolproof to me.

but just as backup in case that particular method steers me wrong, i figured i would get all your opinions too. you know, since everyone on the internet is known for their intelligence, level-headedness, and good opinions and advice.

here's what you have to choose from:
Option 1: navy blue.


Option 2: electric blue.


Option 3: royal blue.


Option 4: turquoise.


Option 5: beachy blue-green.


Option 6: denim blue.


 so i ask you: which one do you like best for my front door? or, you know, you could always submit your own inpiration picture for consideration, but just keep in mind the timeframe here and my already limited capacity for decison making, and the fact that now i have to make a trip to the jewelers this weekend too and that's going to cut into my paint-color-choosing time at the Depot, so really maybe you should just keep any extra color options to yourself and just pick from the wide variety of options i so thoughtfully provided for you m'kay?

9 comments:

Rob Liebhart said...

Personal fave: Electric.
What I think would both look good and be interesting: Denim.

Amanda said...

Rob, it's like you can read my mind...

Minnie said...

I vote for the electric blue, but my 2nd choice would be denim.

Minnie said...

I vote for the electric blue, but my 2nd choice would be denim.

Miss Brenda said...

You should let us comment privately so we don't have to vote against people whom we love and whose opinions we value. That said, I liked them all right up until the denim which I ruled out immediately. The navy would look good. Very traditional and would fit in your neighborhood. It says two engineers live here. The electric blue is what I would use. In fact, if I weren't working on Saturday I might pick up a quart and try it on--all four of my doors. Come on in it says--the fun is just starting. The royal blue is too primary for me. Like someone with out any imagination wanted to paint their door blue. Love the turquoise. Obviously. The beachy blue green is fine, but you would need to put in a sandbox made out of an old rowboat for my grandbabies and their friends to play in and that might be more than you bargained for this weekend. Just in case you forgot since you started reading my comments (Which,may I remind you, you ASKED for) I hate the denim. It looks like the 1980's. Of course if you go with this I'm sure you can find a welcome goose to hang next to it. Your Dad just walked by and picked royal blue. (See above)
Love you, Mom

Miss Brenda said...

Love the turquoise. Obviously.

Abi said...

I vote turquoise or navy. I am also thinking the royal might be the safe choice and you house isn't too beachy so...I also like the denium. Post pictures of whatever you choose.

Abi said...

I vote turquoise or navy. I am also thinking the royal might be the safe choice and you house isn't too beachy so...I also like the denium. Post pictures of whatever you choose.

Sarah Elizabeth said...

I vote electric blue.